I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
News and notes from around the interweb:
- If you have the old IHG Rewards Club Visa and you get the new IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card then at least for the time being you can stack both the former’s 10% back on redeemed points and the latter’s 4th night free on redemptions.
- Senate Bill 2650: Aviation Empowerment Act would make it legal for private pilots to post where they’re flying and bring folks along who kick in for gas money. Some of you will oppose this because (1) it’s offered by a Republican, and (2) the Obama administration opposed it, but there’s hardly anything unreasonable about it. (HT: @crucker)
- Richard Anderson went from Chairman of Delta, taking subsidies for his airline while railing against subsidies for his competitors, to head of Amtrak where his job is primarily to seek federal subsidies. His leadership at Amtrak is being attacked by his predecessor. Joseph Boardman appears to believe that since Amtrak is a state-owned enterprise it should focus on its long haul service regardless of passenger demand, but aims his criticisms at disingenous process of current leadership. (HT: The Forward Cabin)
- The Hong Kong airport lounge that Priority Pass customers can pay a upcharge to use
- Betterment has a new savings/checking account combo that Doctor of Credit says is absolutely useless. You don’t get immediate access to money, your rate of return is lower than some alternatives, and these tradeoffs come with losing FDIC insurance to boot. Which is too bad, because Betterment now has Maggie Siff (Wendy Rhoades, Billions) pitching for them.
— Jesse Richardson (@RichardsonJesse) August 17, 2018
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® Earn 65,000 AAdvantage miles.