News and notes from around the interweb:
- Las Vegas Airport has approved a 4500 square foot Chase lounge airside in terminal C. There are 5 other Chase airport lounges in process in partnership with Airport Dimensions which operates The Club lounges, and which is owned by the company that operates Priority Pass. (HT: Thrifty Traveler)
- Guests kicked out of America’s Best Inn in Jacksonville because hotel had structural problems
- American has updated its app to allow upload of negative Covid test for flights to the U.S. (and vaccine documents for non-residents required to submit that). Integrating in the app is nice, and allows skipping the document check at the airport, though not for everyone – there’s still no option for uploading a prior positive test and recovery letter.
- Meanwhile United Airlines is adding a flight simulator to its mobile app
- In 2018 a ground worker stole and crashed a Horizon Air (Alaska Airlines regional) aircraft. Some details from the FBI are available.
- Aeroplan is donating 100 million miles to fly Ukrainian refugees to Canada. The donation will be managed by Miles4Migrants and allows for travel on all of Aeroplan’s partners including in the Star Alliance.