News and notes from around the interweb:
- Baltimore’s BWI airport is looking to build a hotel connected to the terminal
- Silvercar is offering a free rental day, up to $89, for new customers on a rental of 2 days or more with promo code LOUNGEBUDDY. The usual best new customer offer is $50 off a 2-day rental. This is stackable with a $25 reward for being referred by an existing member (the referrer also gets $50, this is my referral link but feel free to leave yours in the comments). Love me some Silvercar… (HT: Canadian Travel Hacking)
- Long Island’s Islip airport is courting super-cheap Europe service from WOW Air. (HT: Reid F.)
- United’s abandonment of New York JFK, and proposed slot swap with Delta, suggests that in the current regulatory environment additional airline mergers may not be possible but strengthening hubs via slot deals may be a path towards greater consolidation. (HT: Alan H.)
- Allegiant, which currently offers the only scheduled air service out of Mesa, Arizona, is threatening to pull out of the airport if it goes through with a plan to provide $1.3 million in subsidies to Elite Airways for San Diego and Salt Lake City service.
- Thai Airways downsizing by 24 more planes (~ 30%) by the end of 2016.
- Up to 7500 Aeroplan miles per Air Canada flights between Canada and Europe and between Vancouver and Osaka.