News and notes from around the interweb:
- The last DC-3 planes are set to fly out of Long Beach Airport
- The Trump Hotel Toronto may rebrand as a St. Regis (HT: Alan H.)
- Good Condé Nast Traveler podcast on booking award tickets with Tiffany from One Mile at a Time. (It’s a followup to a podcast I did with them a couple of weeks ago on getting started with miles.)
- Katz’s Delicatessen has opened a second location
- How online click data helps predict the market for low cost transatlantic carriers on various routes
- San Francisco airport will get an on property Grand Hyatt
- What the ‘ding’ sounds during flight are all about
Yes, Trump’s loss is Marriott’s gain. Another Trump property files for bankruptcy and Marriott picks up the pieces. No doubt Marriott will do a much better job managing the property. Other than Washington DC (for political reasons) I see no reason why anyone would stay in one of those lousy Trump properties. Our trade association just cancelled their partnership with the Trump Doral and moved it to a better hotel. Attendees were complaining about the service they received.
I will be so glad not to have to stare at that name every night from my apartment. Good riddance.
Oh and Gary, here is a pretty amazing review of the resturant “America”. Scathing.
Can’t happen soon enough. Seeing that trump name as part of the Toronto skyline makes every resident ill.
I’ve seen clickbait headlines in here, but this is the click baitiest. 🙁
Trump has no ownership of the building and is not going bankrupt on this property.
Love injecting politics in every single area of life. Guess what? I run an ad blocker and will never click a link or ad for this site. How about you stick to travel reviews and keep the politics to yourself.
Trump was a minority investor in the 65-story tower with Russian billionaire Alex Shnaider.
Shnaider is co-founder with Ukrainian billionaire Eduard Shifrin of the Midland Group, an international trading and investment holding company.
The company owns a number of subsidiaries located in Russia and Eastern Europe that are deep into agriculture, manufacturing, real estate, shipping and steel.
October 26th, Putin granted Russian citizenship by decree to Shifrin and his daughter, who was surprised by Justin Bieber at her 16th birthday party.
@mark – cool. A billionaire developer with properties around the world has a business dealing with someone that is Russian.
I’m friends with Russians and have hooked up with former soviet block women. Time to investigate me as well.