News and notes from around the interweb:
- Indirect Chase transfer partners 50,000 Chase -> 50,000 Hyatt -> 50,000 LATAM or Aeromexico. Very narrow use cases.
- 10% or 15% transfer bonus from American Express or Citibank to Cathay Pacific AsiaMiles
- 100% bonus buying Air France KLM Flying Blue miles through December 31
- IHG Rewards Club credit card free nights expiring in 2020 are being extended to August 31, 2021. Nothing like the last minute to do this.
- Superforecasters are certain the Tokyo Olympics will take place in July
- All United passengers will be asked to provide destination contact information in a voluntary contact tracing partnership with the CDC. Wouldn’t partnering with anyone else besides CDC be better at this point?
They advised against the general public wearing face masks to limit the spread of COVID-19, a lie designed to buy time for the government and health care providers to stockpile limited supplies. They shipped defective tests – the only ones allowed to the used – delaying understanding of spread of the virus in the U.S. by weeks. And they completely failed in contact tracing airline passengers as well.