News notes from around the interweb:
- Disney theme parks may not reopen until 2021 it’ll be awhile before we can do crowds, and what would the economics be of a socially distanced Disney?
- Virgin Atlantic owes Delta $200 million as part of their one-sided joint venture. One challenge Virgin is having getting its hands on taxpayer money is foreign ownership (and Branson’s tax haven residence).
- Passengers ‘freaked out’ flying a densified American Airlines ‘Project Oasis’ plane during the pandemic with neither social distancing nor face masks.
American Airlines 737 MAX Inaugural Flight
- American AAdvantage has updated its award routing rules to consider Morocco to be in Europe rather than Africa which makes awards less expensive.
- American Airlines Business ExtrAA redemptions on British Airways and Iberia
- Legal risks issuing gift cards
- United Airlines now requires flight attendants to wear face masks, it’s only been a month since American stopped disciplining those who did so.
- IATA suspends Cabo Verde Airlines from its payment settlement system. IATA has told travel agencies “to immediately suspend all the ticketing activities issued by the airline, which includes the use of all automated systems of refunds and other transactions.”