News notes from around the interweb:
- Katherine Fan has a great story about how American Airlines employees helped give a passenger an extra day with her dying father. Tear jerker.
- 12 week old Yorkie died on a Delta Air Lines flight.
Cory Mcjimson — who purchased Sebastian for nearly $3,000 from a breeder in Ohio as a gift for his 5-year-old daughter — found the pup unresponsive in his crate when he went to pick him up at a Delta cargo area in the Los Angeles International Airport on Thursday night,
- Bid on United flight simulator time on April 3
- How Chinese bookstores are banding together to survive coronavirus this is an in-person business. Meanwhile it doesn’t look like GrubHub or UberEats will learn from food delivery lessons in China learned during the outbreak.
- Qantas premium economy awards are now available to American AAdvantage members.
- TSA profiling menu wearing tank tops?
- This new Los Angeles homeless shelter reminds some of a first class cabin. It’s amazing what we get excited about when it’s in the air. (HT: Dave Doctor, and good on this project of course, DFW airport turned 130 homeless people away from terminal A on Friday if government is going to do that there needs to be an alternative.)