News and notes from around the interweb:
- What you need to know about when airplane windows fail
- The TSA prepares for summer travel, to the tune of Billy Joel’s For the Longest Time:
- Don’t take your eyes off your belongings at airport security. When TSA makes me wait to go through the metal detector (usually the person manning the line has stopped everyone while they do an extra test on one person), but my belongings have already gone through x-ray, I will announce “my belongings are no longer within my view.” Not always but that often speeds things up, brings someone over to help at the checkpoint.
- 31 years ago — an upside down landing at an airshow.
- Air Astana goes off the runway — and then goes right back on