A Southwest Airlines Companion Pass lets you bring someone with you on a flight whenever you travel (paid ticket or award) for just the cost of taxes.
Normally it requires earning 125,000 eligible points in a year. This year Southwest is giving everyone 25,000 Companion Pass qualifying points, so they need 100,000 more. That would earn a companion pass through the end of 2021.
Right now though Southwest has a rather impressive promotion: book a ticket by
Thursday, September 24, 2020 [Extended: Friday, September 25, 2020] and fly by November 15, 2020 and you will earn a companion pass valid from January 6, 2021 through February 28, 2021. That’s nearly two months of companion pass flying after buying and flying a single ticket. Registration is required.
- Southwest is incentiving travel during a time when travel is uniquely low
- And they’re offering a limited companion pass during a time when travel is historically low
It’s an ingenious promotion, but one that some can make incredible use out of. I have a companion pass through the end of 2021 already, but the system did allow me to register.
- Register, then book a Southwest flight between September 22 and 24, 2020 and travel September 22 through November 15, 2020.
- Offer is not targeted.
- Registration must be completed prior to booking and commencement of travel.
- Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking Member’s qualifying flight
- A one-way revenue flight will qualify
- Charter flights, group travel, Southwest Vacations® Packages and reservations made using Rapid Rewards points do not qualify for this promotion.
- Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion.
- You may change your designated Companion up to three times while you have Promotional Companion Pass, even though it’s valid for less than two months.
Will this get you booking and flying with Southwest?