News and notes from around the interweb:
- What is fuel dumping?
- American is permitting voluntary changes and ticket refunds for Venezuela travel as a result of that country imposing new Visa requirements on American citizens.
- Would American Airlines buy Alaska? Historically the price for the Seattle-based airline has always been too high. And the DOJ would certainly demand a pound of flesh (off the top of my head, slots at O’Hare and gates at LAX). It would be a strategic complement. Of course one might argue similarly about an acquisition by ‘Anyone But United’.
- Terry Maxon has daylight images of American’s new Boeing 787
- Why every day will be like a bad weather day at LAX… for the next 3 years.
- Passengers feel sorry for toddler traveling with loud, obnoxious parents (HT: Paul H.)
- The Pets on Trains Act is tucked in alongside $7 billion in subsidies