News notes from around the interweb:
- Hotel room demand has ticked up slightly for the third consecutive week
- Could British Airways parent IAG build a hub at Vienna using LEVEL if Lufthansa scales back Austrian?
- British Airways said they aren’t getting a bailout but they actually already got one.
- The U.K. is going to require British Airways and American to give up slots at London Heathrow and Gatwick in order to renew their anti-trust immunized joint venture. They want competition on London – Boston, Dallas and Miami (could be a way in for JetBlue).
- What it’s like working as a flight attendant during COVID-19
- Los Angeles wants to ‘commandeer’ luxury hotels to house the homeless
This is pretty incredible: Extended Stay America has all hotel properties open & 61% occupancy rate in April. They have more hotels with greater than 80% occupancy than those below 50%. pic.twitter.com/yByJCvSlyK
— Rafat Ali, Media Owner & Operator (@rafat) May 7, 2020