News and notes from around the interweb:
- Delta, which can’t even seem to answer the phone, will allow basic economy tickets to be changed through the end of the year.
American’s basic economy isn’t changeable, but elites can still select seats and pre-board and even upgrade. United pioneered truly draconian basic economy, which bans bringing on a carry on bag and prevents customers without checked luggage from even checking in online. JetBlue, sadly, largely followed the United lead on this.
- JetBlue scaling back its London flights that haven’t even started yet and delaying plans to retire Embraer E-190s.
- Toronto airport won’t separated vaccinated and unvaccinated passengers after all.
- Bait and Switch: United is changing the targeted bonus offers some members have received after those members received them.
- Has British Airways devalued short haul Cathay Pacific and Japan Airlines awards? I haven’t yet investigated this myself.
- Anchorage woman retrieves her lost diamond after a TSA officer finds it
- Saudi Arabians who travel to ‘red list’ countries will be banned from future travel abroad for 3 years