News and notes from around the interweb:
- Up to 20,000 bonus miles on American’s Los Angeles – Tokyo Haneda flight
- You think your airline’s cabin crew is disgruntled? Here’s what things are like at PIA, Pakistan International Airlines: (HT: P.C.)
In a bid to disperse protesting Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) employees at Jinnah Terminal, security personnel resorted to baton-charging and using rubber bullets, water cannons and tear gas shells on Tuesday, as Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif called for implementation of the Essential Services Act.
Two protesters died after sustaining bullet wounds.
- Delta’s going all out for Valentine’s Day in economy (but only on two super premium routes):
On February 14, passengers flying from New York City’s JFK into San Francisco or Los Angeles International Airports will receive complimentary mini bottles of Rosé, as well as Baked by Melissa cupcakes.
- Brazilian carrier Gol is a new Aeroplan partner
- Once Upon A City: The turbulent history of Toronto’s island airport
- Airline amenity kit time machine