News and notes from around the interweb:
- Iran Air is threatening Boeing saying they have to deliver the planes and parts they sold, though no U.S. court will enforce a judgment in Iranian courts for failing to violate U.S. sanctions which make that agreement moot and effectively impossible. (HT: AirInsight)
Iran Air A300 (Current Livery), Copyright: rebius / 123RF Stock Photo
- Hotels.com will be footing room service bills for munchies on 4/20
- A bottle of water on Spirit Airlines led to an arrest for murder the suspect was being followed, and after a flight attendant picked up the water bottle trash, officers intercepted the bottle and tested it as DNA evidence.
- Thai Airways is shedding about a third of its workforce by saying they no longer qualify to work
- Shocking absolutely no one Silver line metro service to Washington Dulles airport won’t start this year. By the time you schlepp to Dulles you need a beer.
- Cockpit video recorders could improve safety but pilot unions are strong. I wouldn’t want to be recorded at my desk all day long either, but my job doesn’t directly affect the lives of hundreds of others. And did you ever notice that police officer body cams so often seem to be turned off at the crucial moments anyway?