News and notes from around the interweb:
- Extreme stacking with ScoreBig
- You can earn Hilton HHonors points for referring friends to the best offer for their co-brand cards
- 500 Voila Hotel Rewards points for downloading their mobile app
- Philadelphia’s American Airlines terminal B is getting a $30 million upgrade from concessionaire OTG. People are apparently afraid to stray from their gate area, so letting people spend money via iPads and have things delivered should boost revenue.
Remember that passengers are the product not the customer of the airport, iPads can be silly and out of place, and airport food is still mostly bad. But this should be, net net, a win all around.
With iPads at seats in 15 gate areas and eight new restaurants, passengers will be able to get flight updates, browse the web, play games, and order food and drinks and have them delivered right to them.
The $30 million redesign over the next 18 months will transform 60,000 square feet inside the security perimeter to include expanded retail offerings, a food hall, and menus designed by nine noted local chefs.
“Every single seat in every restaurant, and 75 percent to 80 percent of seats in gate lounges, will have a 110 outlet and a USB port, along with an iPad,” said Rick Blatstein, OTG chief executive officer. “The gate lounges will have wonderful plush seats and a table in front of you.”
- Interesting interview with a banker on gift cards, money orders, loan eligibility and other topics
- TSA screening a Chainsaw Massacre body
so the TSA will confiscate a plastic half-inch toy gun from a child’s toy story “woody” doll because it might scare/offend/whatever other passengers but they let this through???
Perhaps that poor fellow starved to death while waiting in the TSA line.