News and notes from around the interweb:
- Sheraton Guam is leaving Marriott and rebranding as the RIHGA Royal Laguna Guam Resort April 22, 2022. The Sheraton website is selling stays through the night of April 20th, but doesn’t appear to indicate that the property is leaving the chain. I’ve asked how award nights are being accommodated for stays after that.
- Another case of AAdvantage eShopping taking miles back from customers who followed the rules, here’s why I predicted we’d see more of this.
- First true (non-experimental) type certificate issued for a commercial drone
- Southwest has gotten smaller in Atlanta since acquiring AirTran they left Newark but did get valuable gates and slots in the Northeast, but they never did make a go of the major hub they acquired in that deal.
- Pretty cool, but if you don’t think so you’re stuck listening to it with nowhere to go inside a metal tube.
— James Stevenson (@JamesStevenson) February 11, 2022
- At least 7 passengers brawl on flight from Paris
— ℝ₡KN🏴☠️ (@Ricken1984) February 12, 2022