All I’m going to ask you to do is leave a comment, the details of which you’ll need to read on for so you know what to say!
Last month I was at a conference where I walked away with a giveaway item of a Samsung Chromebook — courtesy of Gogo Inflight Internet.
Now, I love Gogo. Inflight internet has materially changed my life. I used to get off of a plane after a long flight during the business day and I’d be inundated with work, with messages, with ‘crises’ (manufactured or otherwise). Instead, I keep up with work from the air. I’m more productive, and landing after a long flight is no longer stressful. I currently pay for a ‘monthly pass’.
But I didn’t want anyone to think I loved Gogo because I received something in a giveaway. (Not that these things go out on the wire services, but bear with me.)
So I figured I would give away the device here. Plus, while it’s the latest and greatest and coolest in technology the Chromebook probably isn’t for me. I desperately want to be a one-device kind of guy. I use a high-end Lenovo Ultrabook. It’s not that much heavier, not that much bigger, than a Chromebook but serves as my desktop and my laptop and my tablet. So why not give it away?
Don’t know what a Samsung Chromebook is? Details here.
A sticker on the outside of the box reads, “Included with this device for 2 years is up to 100MB per month of Mobile Broadband service provided by Verizon Wireless.”
How to enter:
- In the comments, answer the question “What is your all-time favorite View from the Wing blog post?” and include a link to that post in your comment.
This will serve two functions:
- It will help me better understand you (my readers), hopefully giving me relevant feedback on what you value most.
- It will help to introduce other readers to some of the posts I’ve written that they might enjoy as well.
Here are the rules:
- You may enter up to once per day — and I give you a bit of slack in this, I won’t disqualify any entry as long as you don’t make more than one entry per calendar day or as long as no entry is closer than 24 hours together from another one. And if you’re close, we’re cool. I’m not looking to disqualify people, just to make sure there’s no massive ballot stuffing.
- All entries (comments) must be received no later than Thursday, June 20 at 5pm Eastern time.
- I will draw a winner at random in the days following the close of the contest from those that meet these guidelines. Make sure you provide a valid e-mail address when entering to be eligible to win (you do not need to leave an email address in the comments, but along with your name where it asks for your email that email must be ‘real’ or I will have no way of contacting you).
- I’m the final arbiter in all matters related to this contest and in all matters of interpretation. There is no appeal. I’m doing this because there’s an opportunity to send out a pretty cool computer, and not taking anything in return, so please don’t give me a hard time in the process.
Any questions? E-mail me. And hopefully the winner will also follow up with me to let me know their impressions of the device. It looks great!
Hit the comments of this post to enter!