News and notes from around the interweb:
- “Free beer if we hit 70% 1st dose vaccinations by July 4” is actually a $5 prepaid debit card (you aren’t stuck drinking Anheuser Busch beer). Available to first 200k people who request one after 70% is met, who are 21+ and not residents of AL, CA, TX.
- Capital One has a 25% transfer bonus to Avianca LifeMiles through July 2 and that’s one of the programs that was recently upgraded to be a 1:1 transfer partner to begin with.
- Qantas offering bonus elite status credits as a promotion for picking up a lounge membership
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being a Belarusian ANSP
Until the end of May, they were the most trusted part of the industry. But as Lady Grey says in Henry VI, ‘trust him not that hath once broken faith’. The question is what impact the behaviour of the Belarusian ANSP, Belaeronavigatsia, will have on all the others. Will it be enough to say that this was a one off? That every other ANSP in the world is trustworthy?
Belarus is exceptional, but not that exceptional. It is ruled by a strongman, the ANSP is part of the government, with strong military connections. So is Russia’s and Brazil’s, China’s and Turkey’s.
- A New Yorker piece on LeBron James’ agent is getting a lot of transaction but from the ‘there’s an aviation angle to everything’ files…
— Conor Sen (@conorsen) June 2, 2021