News and notes from around the interweb:
- Linens return to domestic first class on American starting April 1.
- Peter Chang — the elusive Szechuan chef who used to cook for the Chinese embassy in DC (and has a history of disappearing from restaurants where he works) — has a new place in the DC area. Check out this review and make a beeline there before Chang disappears again!
- 25% off sale for the Westin Heavenly Bed. There are frequent discounts for the W Hotels bed, but some ask about the Westin version and that one is rarely on sale.
- A couple of status updates, of interest to those curious about ‘soft landings’:
- My MegaDO-granted Club Carlson Concierge status has expired. They provided a soft landing to Gold.
- I was an Intercontinental Royal Ambassador (and thus Priority Club Platinum) 2006 through 2013. I received complimentary Ambassador status and earned Platinum for 2014. My Ambassador status lapsed, but was still given a Platinum IHG Rewards Club card for 2015 – despite not a single qualifying stay in 2014. This is officially noted as being a result of not renewing Ambassador status.
- Air France eliminating their 747s