News and notes from around the interweb:
- Vaccinated travelers can visit Belize without a Covid test
- Qantas pilots tip A380 for early return (paywalled) at this point I don’t think we really know when large widebody long haul travel might return, but the takeaway is since we don’t know it’s plausible the prediction of ‘no earlier than’ June 2023 is just wrong.
- Trump Hotel DC is suffering without Trump as President
- Converting a passenger plane into a cargo freighter.
- United Airlines CEO Scott Kirby dunked on the Rock ‘n Roll Hall of Fame Monday, suggesting people really want to fly on his airline’s international route network instead of being stuck with domestic destinations.
United CEO Scott Kirby disses the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame as a destination, United's international route network will be a strength when the world opens.
If they'd kept a Cleveland hub they'd think the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame is awesome… pic.twitter.com/PoYcXkgg5j
— gary leff (@garyleff) March 15, 2021
- Cathay Pacific AsiaMiles introduces cash and points but it’s incredibly poor value and not something you should ever consider.