News and notes from around the interweb:
- Virgin Australia unveils new premium economy seat with 41 inch pitch (3 more inches of legroom than many similar products)
- JetBlue bringing its premium ‘Mint’ service to Boston. United has done modest tests with premium service in Boston but hasn’t committed to the route.
Mint service will take off between Boston and San Francisco beginning in March 2016 with up to three daily roundtrips. Mint service to Los Angeles is set to begin in fall 2016 with up to three daily roundtrips.
Additionally, JetBlue will offer Mint seasonal service to the Caribbean beginning in March 2016 with a weekly Saturday roundtrip between Boston and Barbados, one of the airline’s most luxurious leisure destinations.
- I’m giving away a model EVA Airways Hello Kitty 777 and MicroUSB
- Polish airport hack causes significant delays. Aircraft were not in danger.
- Selfie grounds Japan Airlines pilot
- Flying cat: A pilot on “the importance of looking into the wings before each flight. FYI the cat is fine” via JohnnyJet.
- Two planes fly through a hanger. This is impressive. Almost makes me want to drink a Red Bull for the first time.