I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
Today is the first of October and the first Bilt Rewards ‘Rent Day’. They’re giving away a lot of points, Bilt Mastercard cardmembers and also for people who don’t have the card. It’s a way of really owning a day in the marketing space – a day that resonates with a large chunk of the population.
The first of every month they’ve got promotions and offers. Today you can receive free points in the Bilt app with their Points Quest trivia feature. They have Virgin cruise discount offers and they partner with Virgin as a points transfer partner, so they’re giving you 500 free points for linking your Virgin account now. And you can earn a lot of extra points today spending with the no annual fee Bilt Mastercard.
Normally the card earn points paying rent at no cost (up to $100,000 per year) and earns double points on travel and triple points on dining. You must make at least 5 purchases each month to earn points. Today though:
- Double points on all non-rent spend, up to 10,000 extra points
- And that double points isn’t just ‘an extra point’ they even double the accelerator categories, so it’s 6x on dining, 4x on travel, and 2x on all other purchases except rent
So go buy gift cards for your favorite restaurant and max out the promotion. Each Bilt point can be spent at 1.25 cents apiece towards travel through their portal or transferred 1:1 into:
- Star Alliance: Air Canada Aeroplan, Turkish Miles & Smiles, United Airlines MileagePlus
- oneworld: American AAdvantage, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles, British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Plus
- SkyTeam: Air France KLM Flying Blue
- Non-alliance: Emirates Skywards, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles, Aer Lingus Aer Club
- Hotels: Hyatt, IHG Rewards
You can also do a ‘friend rides free’ SoulCycle class, or throughout October book Virgin Voyages cruises with 50% off the second passenger (travel complete by December 31, 2022).
And get ready to go big on spend November 1, too.