News and notes from around the interweb:
- Five years ago American Airlines introduced C.O. Bigelow products into clubs and on board. That deal has ended and a spokesperson confirms to me that in clubs they’ll be using D.S. & Durga (which have already been in amenity kits) and “[e]ventually, we’ll have it in the lavs on board as well.”
In my experience this week in Philadelphia’s F club and Charlotte’s B club they’re using unbranded toiletries, different ones in each (and in Charlotte neither soap worked in the men’s room). The clarification here is that D.S. & Durga is “slowly rolling out..[s]o it will eventually be in all of the clubs and we hope by the end of the year.”
- I love having JetBlue awards on the American Airlines website but wow those premium cabin prices. You’ll do better transferring bank points to Emirates to book those JetBlue seats.
- Cranky Flier offers personal recollections about, excuses for and some revisionist history on Doug Parker
- The case for Omicron being less dangerous that takes silly the counterpoints and cautions. Let’s hope!
- How meal preferences are sorted on United Airlines
- Marriott Courtyard’s brand refresh will it be lipstick on a pig?