News and notes from around the interweb:
- Citibank will replace tens of thousands of call center employees with machines and since this is Citi implementing an IT project you know it will go well.
Copyright: missisya / 123RF Stock Photo
- Could smart fabric make your airline seat more comfortable? Airlines could start by not removing padding from seats to gain half an inch. (HT: Jeff W.)
- Cathay Pacific inflight wifi progress and completion timeline.
In response to the on-demand inflight connectivity, we are excited to announce that we have upgraded about a quarter of our passenger fleet to offer inflight Wi-Fi. This is set to be completed for all wide-body aircraft by the end of 2021. https://t.co/Xx6VzrlCLo
— Cathay Pacific (@cathaypacific) February 13, 2019
- A man checked a gun on a United flight. United sent it on a different flight. And it was stolen from the baggage carousel. I guess that puts to rest the old idea that an airline will never lose your luggage if you check a starter pistol.
- Alaska Airlines is building a new 8500 square foot lounge in San Francisco’s terminal 2 with rooftop views. They expect it to open next year.
- Stay one night get a free night:
875 Free Coast Rewards Points for joining + 875 Coast Rewards Points on your first stay – enough points for one free night pic.twitter.com/b6wGYvU52B
— FrequentFlyerBonuses (@FFBonuses) February 20, 2019
- 10,000 American AAdvantage miles with home security system