News and notes from around the interweb:
- Live and Let’s Fly says Singapore Airlines economy is fantastic. I told you…
- Hawaii tourism authority officials are in hot water for taking upgrades from Japan Airlines, China Airlines, Air China and China Southern Airlines (HT: Michael Park)
- Lufthansa’s Miles and More now offers online partner award booking
- Delta ordered 100 Airbus A321neos while continuing to claim of course that major Boeing customers Etihad, Emirates, and Qatar are a threat to US jobs. The deal is ‘valued at $12.7 billion’ which means it’s really no more than half that. Meanwhile Bloomberg‘s Julie Johnsson points out,
— Julie Johnsson (@juliejohnsson) December 14, 2017
- Sun Country Airlines is being sold
- 5 Fairmont stays or 10 nights plus 90 Euros gets Accor Platinum status (use Google translate) this arbitrages the way Accor will fold Fairmont into its loyalty program with status matches.