News and notes from around the interweb:
- Malaysia Airlines is going to focus on its oneworld partnerships and completely reboot its loyalty program. And by the way the person in charge of the loyalty program now is the same one who dug into the data and discovered Cathay Pacific’s frequent flyer program devaluation hurt the airline’s bottom line.
- United continues to shuffle around aircraft inefficiently as a result of its inability to combine work groups still seven years into the merger with Continental
- Uber’s ousted CEO is plotting a comeback
- Low Fares And Snack Fees—How No-Frills Favorite Norwegian Air Went Global (HT: Jeff W.)
Copyright william87 / 123RF Stock Photo
- Singapore Airlines Krisflyer — a transfer partner of Chase, American Express and Citi — is offering both coach and business class redemption discounts if you book in August for travel in September.