News and notes from around the interweb:
- Hotels are wrapping up a year of higher occupancy than even 2017’s record that’s why hotel loyalty program promotions are so weak, they don’t need to spend extra to put heads in beds.
- Judge rules Uber can operate in Cancun that they aren’t subject to taxi regulations. We’ll see what sort of response taxi drivers come up with. Blocking traffic, going on strike, it always amazes me when they use tactics that make taxi travel less efficient (and Uber more needed). (HT: Scott H.)
- President Trump’s secret Iraq trip wasn’t a secret to plane spotters (HT: Jonathan W.)
- Philadelphia International could’ve become the ‘ugly stepsister hub’ after American-U.S. Air merger but they’ve high tailed it from New York instead.
- American Airlines is now soliciting for denied boarding volunteers in their app
- Amtrak 1-2-Free, six one ways in the Northeast corridor January 2 – February 28 earns a free roundtrip.
We are sorry to hear that. Are you still in the elevator?
— Amtrak (@Amtrak) September 7, 2016
- Justin Bieber is selling cheap hotel slippers
Leave a Reply