News notes from around the interweb:
- Booking.com cancelled a couple’s New Years hotel booking the day prior to check-in. They got mugged. Booking.com rebooked the woman and her boyfriend elsewhere, reserving “a single bunk in a women-only dormitory.” It all comes back to Jerry Seinfeld,
- I’m a long-time opponent of the death penalty. But then I saw this:
I fly a lot and this, by far, is the most disgusting thing I’ve ever seen on a plane. Bringing #antibacterialwipes. Where’s @NaomiCampbell when you need her inflight wipe down advice? #Delta #frequentflyer 🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮 pic.twitter.com/kGR2D7hDa7
— Erik Olvera (@JErikOlvera) January 1, 2020
- Etihad and IndiGo may be interested in taking over Air India
- Tucson man recalls covert career at Marana air field He supported CIA flights without even knowing it.
- American AAdvantage accidentally gave a bunch of people extra systemwide upgrades Don’t spend ’em if you didn’t earn them. American has a history of not collecting systemwides properly (usually when upgrades clear at the airport) and auditing accounts up to a year later demanding payment. I’ve found they ask for 25,000 miles plus cash co-pay if you don’t have systemwides for them to deduct, though they seem to settle for just the miles.
seems like some got 4, some got 2, obviously some/most got zero. And then some seem to have had them removed already as if they were redeemed.
— JonNYC (@xJonNYC) January 2, 2020