Today is an amazing day for booking travel to Beijing. American Airlines has $2000 business class roundtrips and I wrote about Delta’s $614 premium economy roundtrips between Boston and Beijing. That’s premium economy for the price of a cheap coach ticket.
For all of you Washington DC-area folks, Baltimore – Beijing is available for $666 in premium economy.
Chicago – Beijing is available for $653 in premium economy.
Phoenix – Beijing is availablef for $631 in premium economy.
Delta’s new Airbus A350s has a premium economy cabin that’s similar to domestic first class. It’s more space and upgraded amenities, but not the flat bed offering of business class. When you fly Premium Economy internationally Delta books you into first class for domestic connecting segments.
Key details for fare basis GLX0ZPPD:
- Travel permitted Monday through Thursday for each transpacific flight
- Outbound travel must commence by February 19, or between March 5 and April 29
- You’re allowed a stopover in Detroit for $100
- Tickets must be purchased by December 29, but I don’t know that the fare will last that long
- Non-refundable with a $300 change fee
Make sure you’re flying the Airbus A350 for the Detroit – Beijing segment which has real premium economy and not ‘Comfort+’ extra legroom seats (which is what you’ll see on the Airbus A330).
If you don’t want to shell out over $600 roundtrip for premium economy, New York – Shanghai is bookable in economy for $365 roundtrip. Don’t fancy China at all? How about Chicago – Paris for $466?