News and notes from around the interweb:
- Charlotte airport says they lack the legal authority to make Covid-positive passengers leave the airport, and two of them wouldn’t.
- The Department of Transportation has completed its final rule on emotional support animals and sent it to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget for required review (they have 90 days to respond).
- 93% of passengers in Asia say their travel routines have been changed forever by Covid-19
- “Cash for Clunkers 2” Airbus wants governments to pay airlines to trade in their old planes for new ones.
- TGI Friday’s has a new rewards program when I got started aggressively in miles and points they shared a rewards program with Radisson hotels, but the value of your points depended on whether you signed up for Radisson or after too many beers and wings.
- Raleigh just had its first international flight departure since spring on JetBlue, to Cancun.