News and notes from around the interweb:
- Double elite night credits from Ritz-Carlton. So should you choose to belong to Marriott Rewards or Ritz-Carlton Rewards?
- I use AwardWallet to track my miles and points. I’ve been recommending it for years, but never gave out my referral link for it (feel free to leave yours in the comments). Via Frequent Flyer University, AwardWallet referral points are now redeemable for airline miles.
- Chance to Win 3 Nights in New York and 200,000 American AAdvantage miles. This is a big sweepstakes campaign rolling out from Marriott in New York that we’ll be seeing all over Facebook, Tripadvisor, and elsewhere. I entered, and I don’t usually do these.
- Uber introduces #UberHottie in South Africa. Tap a button on your phone and you can ride with a good looking celebrity, your choice of gender.
- Air India will join Star Alliance on July 11
- Jockeying to get Boeing blamed alongside the pilots for the Asiana 214 accident. (HT: Alan H.)
- “British Airways planes will screen a seven-hour film showing a rail journey through Norway in real time as its first foray into so-called Slow TV, a genre it says should appeal to long-haul passengers seeking relaxing viewing.” Flying BA on that route (via London) would take 9 hours. (HT: Emily S.)