News and notes from around the interweb:
- Man in clown costume plowed limo through the Las Vegas airport to steal a jet and fly into Area 51 to meet UFOs so there’s that. (HT: Paul H)
- Baggage handler falls asleep in cargo hold, wakes up inflight we saw this three years ago with American Airlines
- Amtrak – which had $22 billion directed to it in the recent infrastructure bill, and is eligible to apply for $44 billion more – won’t begin construction on funded projects until “well into 2023 barring any of the additional delays that often occur with large projects.”
- TSA PreCheck scam (HT: Paul H)
- Marriott now offers cash and points payment on its Homes & Villas booking site, and spend there will count towards Ambassador status starting in 2022.
- Portugal to Singapore on the longest continuous railway journey in the world